Mozilla Firefox (FF) 18.104.22.168 has been released on December 19 2006. The second release from 2.0 has 8 general bug fixes and many new features.
Among the fixes, the five critical ones are:
- MFSA 2006-73 Mozilla SVG Processing Remote Code Execution
- MFSA 2006-71 LiveConnect crash finalizing JS objects
- MFSA 2006-70 Privilege escallation using watch point
- MFSA 2006-69 CSS cursor image buffer overflow (Windows only)
- MFSA 2006-68 Crashes with evidence of memory corruption (rv:22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199)
Click on each of them to view details.
New stuff I haven’t seen before are:
Live Titles – Allows you to create bookmarks with microsummaries on the bookmark labels that can be regularly updated, as opposed to a static label. Web site owners can quickly put bits of updates on their site
Client-side session and persistent storage – Online transactions that make use of client-side storage for document and mailbox management can now store large structured data. Useful for websites like Google Docs and Spreadsheets http://docs.google.com and online banking sites.
New Windows installer – Uses the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System, which is neat and stable. You may have probably seen it used in Winamp.
Personally, FF 188.8.131.52 has been very stable for me. Although I have more than 10 tabs and 10 extensions installed, it has crashed no more than a few times since I started using it.
Click on the download link below to get this release.
Update (21 Dec 2006): If you are still on 1.5.0.x like me, you should get the update to FF 184.108.40.206 which contains the almost the same set of bug fixes as FF 220.127.116.11. The download should be about 510KB.
Mozilla Firefox 18.104.22.168 Web Browser Released
Mozilla Firefox 2 Web Browser Released
Firefox Into The Sky!
Mozilla Firefox 22.214.171.124 Release Notes
- Mozilla Firefox 126.96.36.199 Web Browser Released
- Mozilla Firefox 2 Web Browser Released
- Speed Up Performance of Mozilla Firefox