This is a classic and possibly the biggest lesson the current Malaysian government has learnt in terms of recognizing and leveraging on local business talents. Robert Kuok has 20% of the global sugar market, owns the Shangri-la luxury hotel chain, and produces the leading cooking oil for the Chinese population.
Think about the losses our country may be bearing because of the government’s mistakes:
- Thousands of jobs
- Investment capital
- Exchange market size & international expansion
- Export market & brand value
Mr Kuok has added to the sad statistic of hardworking and talented Malaysians who have lost faith in Malaysia and its current leaders.
- Will Malaysia Be Happy to Rejoin with Singapore?
- Three Viewpoints on Racial Discrimination in Malaysia
- Refinance Your Home Loan Regularly in Malaysia